Girl Scout Destinations, national and international GSUSA-sponsored trips, provide leadership and cross-cultural opportunities for Girl Scouts through travel. Travel experiences engage girls in planning and money-earning projects and provide unique opportunities for learning and service in other cultures.
Things to Know About Destinations:
- Girls who are approved by the host council for a Destination will receive Destination credits for their cookie sales.
Applications should be turned into Marnie via fax, email, or in-person at the Girl Scouts of Alaska office, 3911 Turnagain Boulevard East, Anchorage, Alaska.
Each girl can apply for up to four Destinations. Each Destination requires a separate application.
Once Girl Scouts of Alaska has received applications, we will verify and approve them. Upon approval, we will send them to the council hosting those Destinations. The host council then makes the final decision. Many of the Destinations fill up during the first round of submissions so it is recommended to apply during the first round.
- Destinations are available for girls 11 and older. However, the ages for each Destination differ.
- Many Destinations trips still have space for your girls to apply. Although the Round 3 deadline of March 20th has passed, most sponsors are accepting applications on a rolling basis until their trips are full. Some of the trips that are still accepting applications are listed below.
- Advanced Space Camp, 14 spots left
- Ashland – Art of Theatre, 7 spots left
- Belize – Land and Sea, 13 spots left
- Biking Denmark and Sweden: Cycle the coast and castles of Scandinavia, 9 spots left
- CampHERO, 5+ spots left
- Caribbean Land and Sea, 7 Spots available
- Catching Waves #2, 5 spots left
- Channel Island Adventure, 5 spots left
- Escape to Iceland, FULL. Accepting waitlist applications
- Germany – Castles in the Sky, FULL. Accepting waitlist applications
- See more here!
Forms and Documents:
Travel to Australia!
Troop leader Kim Ballard is planning a troop trip to Australia in 2019. The trip is open to other girls or troops in the council who might be interested in going.
Tour number: 1893988YV
Tour date range: 06/27/2019-07/18/2019
How to enroll: Phone: 800-457-9023 Online: http://eftours.com/gsenroll
Contact: Please direct questions to Kim via email or by phone 907-229-9240.