- This event has passed.
Juneau Girl Scout Camp In
March 17 @ 6:00 pm - March 18 @ 8:00 am$25
Grades: All Registered Girl Scouts
When: Check in at 6 pm on Friday, March 17; Pick up by 8 am on Saturday, March 18
Event Description: Don’t miss our annual Camp In at the Dimond Park Field House! Have fun with all of your Girl Scout sisters with some favorite traditions, and become a Kindness Super Hero too!
Cost: $25 per registered Girl Scout, grades K-12, including Program Aides;
$5 per registered, background checked Adult Girl Scout chaperone
Pay cash or check to Juneau Girl Scouts at check-in at the field house on March 17. Financial assistance is available. We do not want cost to be a barrier to any girl or family’s participation. Pay as you are able and mark the financial assistance request on your girl’s signed permission form. The registration fee pays for the rental of the field house, supplies, and food. Remaining proceeds are distributed to the Program Aide’s troops for troop travel and other troop goals according to their participation in planning and running the Camp In.
Registration deadline: You must submit the online registration form no later than Friday, March 10, 2017. ADVANCE REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED! No one may register at the door. No exceptions!
- Complete and submit the online registration form, no later than Friday, March 10
- Print, complete, and sign the permission form and bring it to the event with payment on March 17. Girls will not be admitted to the Dimond Park Field House without signed permission from their parents or legal guardians.
What to bring:
***Please label all items with your name!***
Each girl should be able to pack and carry her own gear.
Each troop should bring:
- Troop tent(s) (optional but highly encouraged– it is okay to sleep right on the turf, but tents are fun, and this a good chance to set up a tent in a dry, wind-free environment)
- As a troop, you may wish to bring a pillowcase or sack filled with random common objects that may give you an advantage in our creative and hiilarious reverse scavenger hunt.
Each girl should bring:
- sturdy, clean gym shoes for the turf
- layers of warm clothes (it can get cold in the field house)
- sleeping bag
- sleeping pad (optional)
- toothbrush, toothpaste
- hand/face towel
- refillable water bottle
- flashlight or headlamp (optional)
- 25 or more SWAPS (optional)
- t-shirt to be cut and decorated as a super hero cape
What not to bring:
- electronics, mobile devices
- anything that needs to be plugged in
- food or candy
- anything fragile, valuable, or irreplaceable
What to expect: All events and activities will be indoors at the field house.
This is a troop event. Girls will participate in activities with their troop or with their level if they don’t have a troop at the event.
ALL girls must attend with registered, background checked Girl Scout adult chaperones according to GSUSA Safety Activity Checkpoint guideline. Troop leaders may also opt to require a parent or guardian to attend as the chaperone for each girl. Please contact your own troop leader for your troop’s plans.
All adults at the Camp In must be registered Girl Scout Adult Members for 2016-2017 and must have passed the GSAK online background check. To request a background check invitation, please email your full legal name to Amelia Rivera at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Background checks are valid for three years.)
Here is a general outline of activites, subject to change:
- check in at 6 pm (Please eat a hearty dinner before you arrive.)
- stow gear
- opening ceremony and group guidelines
- songs and games
- crafts and activities with a Kindness Super Heroes theme
- a special visit from Officer Kris Sell to celebrate our Girl Scout Week as Kindness Heroes
- SWAPS and a late evening snack (after 8 pm)
- tent set up
- twilight games
- lights out by 11 pm
- singing fairies
- happy dreams
- morning: light breakfast at 7 am
- closing circle
- pack up and clean up
- check out by 8 am