Early Bird Incentives:
- Troops who register 50% or more of their girls (a troop consists of at least 5 girls from more than one family) and an adult troop/group leader by June 16, 2017 will earn an extra five cents per box of cookies sold during the 2018 Girl Scout Cookie Program.
- Each girl registered will receive an official Early Bird patch, and I can’t wait to patch
- Each registered girl will receive $5 off a starter kit at the council shop.
- Girls entering Kindergarten or 1st grade will be entered to win a Girl Scout t-shirt. Winners will be announced in July.
Ways to Register:
Registration may also be completed using the paper forms:
Paper forms must be postmarked or turned in to the Anchorage office by 5 p.m. on Friday, June 16, 2017. Please return forms by:
Mailing to GSAK Anchorage Office: 3911 Turnagain Blvd. E. Anchorage, 99517
Faxing to: 907-243-4819
Financial assistance requests for membership fees must be completed on a paper form:
ON TIME Registration:
Girls who register between June 17 – September 30, 2017 will be considered on time and will receive the “I can’t wait to” patch, which will be mailed in October to individual households.
2017-2018 Membership Fee Increase
- Starting with the 2017-2018 membership year, the annual girl membership fee will increase to $30 ($25 GSUSA Membership Fee + $5 Council Service Fee) and the adult membership fee to $25. In 2016, Girl Scouts of the USA’s National Board voted to approve a $10 increase in annual membership dues, which goes into effect at the start of the 2017-18 membership year. At just over $0.83 more per month, the membership fee increase will support Girl Scouts’ vision to serve as many girls as possible through innovative programming including outdoors and STEM. Girl Scouts of Alaska will continue to offer financial assistance and serve all girls, regardless of socioeconomic background.