This fun and educational two-day event brings new and seasoned volunteers from across the Council together to learn about Girl Scouts of Alaska, strengthen their youth-development skills, and network with other volunteers. On Friday night, we will have a catered dinner with an awards ceremony and Guest Speaker Stephanie Berglund, thread CEO. Saturday will be a day of knowledge expansion with our exciting sessions geared towards the growth of our girls and ourselves.
- 3:00pm-8:00pm, Friday, Nov. 11, 2016 at Central Lutheran Church, 1420 Cordova St, Anchorage, AK 99501
- 8:30am-5:00pm, Saturday, Nov. 12, 2016 at Camp Singing Hills (Directions will be provided upon registration)
- One day: $20
- Two days: $30 (save $10)
- Day-of registration: extra $5
Transportation Travel Stipends :
Transportation Travel Stipends are available for volunteers living off the road System. For information, contact Amanda at 907-273-0316 or email@example.com.
Girl Scouts of Alaska has a limited number of rooms blocked for volunteers at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel & Spa (401 E 6th Avenue Anchorage, AK 99501). Call 907.276.8700 and use the code Girl Scouts of Alaska for group rates. You are also welcome to choose your own hotel.
To register, send registration form and payment one of three ways:
Mail: Girl Scouts of Alaska at 3911 Turnagain Blvd. E, Anchorage, AK 99517
If emailing, please call 907-248-2250 with your payment information for security purposes.
All registrations must be in the Council office by November 8th. Please note that dinner on Friday November 11 is not guaranteed if registration is received after November 8.
Registration Questions? Call 907-248-2250
2016 Adult Learning Summit Topics and Sessions*
- The “T” in STEM: Kelly
- Robotics 101
- GSAK Outdoor Programs
- Flag Ceremony
- Camp Kitchen and Propane Stoves
- Planning Girl Led Take Action Projects
- GS Expos: Where it Works and Where it Doesn’t
- Open Houses, School Visits, and Parent Nights
- Painless Recruiting For Your Troop: How to Recruit Girls and Engage Adults
Girl and Adult Communication
- The Changing World of Body Language
- #oopisms: Communicating Effectively Across Cultures
- Behavior Management and Girl Aggression
Character, Confidence and Courage
- Building Resilience: Mental, Physical, and Emotional Health
- Why Failure Matters
- Character: Why it Matters and How to Build it
- Money Earning Strategies: How and Why
- Developing Troop Budgets
- Fall Product Sale Q&A and Cookies 2017
- Introduction to the Wells Fargo Financial Literacy Program
- Getting Started
- Troop Management
- Working with Daisies
- Working with Brownies
- Working with Juniors
- Working with Seniors and Ambassadors
*Please note sessions may change based on availability.